When: July 29th-31st
Time: Friday & Saturday 8am-3pm Sunday 8am-12pm
Where: Address will be released Wednesday July 27th
Special Instructions: There is a park right at the bottom of the hill with extra parking. There is parking on the street but please do not block driveways. The jewelry room will be limited to 5 people at a time. The jewelry room is video monitored and we will have Montgomery County Police helping us monitor the sale. Items bought in the jewelry room must be paid for in the jewelry room.
If you can’t view the photo gallery please click here: http://estateescape.com/
We have had the pleasure to put the pieces together of generations from the late 1700’s to the mid 1900’s in this fascinating estate! There is so much that you cannot see in the photo gallery. It will be well worth the trip to see all the history in this home. All the drawers, cupboards, cabinets, closets are full! Below is just a partial list of what to expect.
- Sterling incl. James Armiger Co. 61-piece flatware set; reposse (fruit pattern), in box, Gorham Chippendale, Gorham, including 61-piece “Fairfax” set, International, Whiting Davis, Schofield Co., Watson Co., National Silver, Reed and Barton, Wallace & Sons, Foster & Bailey, Wood & Hughes, Stieff, Webster, Frank Whiting, Frank M. Whiting, George W. Shiebler, & Co, Quaker Silver Co.,Drol, Harrison Bros & Howson, Black, Starr & Frost, Meriden Britannia Company, Kirk & Son, B. Sadtler & Sons, T. Sadtler & Sons, Manchester Manufacturing Co., Harlem Cutlery Co., Hennegen, Bates & Co., Squire & Rawson, Unger Brothers, Lunt Silversmiths, Bailey, Banks & Biddle, Towle, Kann Bros., Stark & Son, Watrous Mfg. Co., Hayden W. Wheeler & Co., Freeman & Taylor, H. French & Co.ValentineA. Whelan Blackinton & Company, I. Rodberg, B. & Co., J. Pepper & others!
- Pocket watches, clocks & wristwatches incl. Solid 18k J.C. LeDmole No. 13323 open faced with cobalt enamel, diamonds & pearls with a 14k matching enamel fob & key. Solid 18k Bigalow Kennard No. 1404 tri-fold. 14k solid Wadsworth Elgin works ladies pocket watch, 14k Benrus gents wristwatch, Elgin tri-fold pocket watch, 14k Mido, Era & Royce ladies wristwatches. New York Standard Watch Co. pocket watch, Waltham (Model T) clock, John Kroh (rare) bubble face railroad watch, Sanhart stop watch, 8 day Bartholomew & Co. wall clock, Hones Cuckoo clock, Seth Thomas Senora chime mantel clock and others!
- Jewelry incl. Rose gold, 10k, 14k, 18k, sterling, mourning, Victorian, hair, costume & much more!
- Military incl. Civil War forks and some buttons, WWI and lots of it incl. dog tag with thumb print, buttons, medals, uniform, lots of picture, discharge papers, some correspondence. WWII letters, Bible and photos, Photos from Spanish-American War too!
- Gold silver & antique coins incl. 1853 & 1875 gold 2.5 dollar. 1837, 1856 & 1857 Gold dollar, Rare authentic 350 BC Tetradrachm silver coin, 1834 large cent, Morgans, Kennedy Halves, Buffalo nickels, Mercury dimes, Indian head pennies, 10 dollar confederate bill & more!
- Large collection of WWI-era military and civilian photographs
- Large collection of portrait cabinet cards
- Tintype and daguerreotype portraits
- WWI-era panoramic boy’s camp/scout photos
- Hundreds of stamps and first day covers!
- Furniture incl. J. Franklin Biggs of Richmond Va. Hepplewhite inlaid banquet table, sideboard & corner cabinet. 6 Chippendale reproduction ribbon back chairs by Briggs. 3 enclosed inlaid linen cabinets, gorgeous highboy, executive desk, full bedroom set, book cases, inlaid tray table, occasional tables, antique dressers, antique mirrors, antique display curio cabinets, cedar blanket chests, writing desk, buffet, office furniture & more!
- Sewing incl. Euro Pro X sewing machine, Tons of buttons incl. Victorian glass mourning buttons, Victorian metal picture buttons, Large collection of Mother-of-pearl buttons, slides and buckles, Large early plastic buttons, tons of antique & vintage fabric, patterns, sterling & gold thimbles, scissors, thread and much more!
- Massive collection of antique linens incl. 1850 woven coverlet, hand stitched quilt & Christmas table cloth. Lots of table clothes, doilies, tea napkins & more!
- Unique items incl. 2 sterling cases to hold 2 different 14k gold thimbles. A tiny woven basket to hold a sterling thimble, Multiple pairs of antique eye glasses, some in sterling silver glasses case. Aikin Lambert & Co banded agate pen set, lots of skeleton keys, fountain pens and advertising pens.
- RARE Grover Cleveland & Thomas A. Hendricks scarf. Some small political pins.
- Abraham Lincoln original engraving.
- Steamer trunks
- Sherwood Chummy Roadster wooden wagon
- Vintage tools incl. Stanley, Craftsman drill press, J. H. Williams, blue bird, Parker vice, saws, clamps, planes & more!
- Glass incl. A great collection of ABP American Brilliant inlc. signed ones!, Candlewick, Fostoria, Fenton, Westmoreland, Hazel Atlas, Anchor Hocking, Pyrex, Cambridge, Vaseling & more!
- Pottery China & Porcelain incl. Minton “Ancestrial”, Shelley, Royal Doulton “Series Ware”, Ashworth Bros, Bavaria, Orleans ZS & Co, Noritake Progression “Blue Haven”, Nippon, Capidomonte, Clay Sketcher, Wedgwood “Swallow”, Flow Blue, Minton Tice, Gibson, Leeds & Co., Wedgwood & Barlaston, Dresden Germany, Leonard Limoges & many others!
- Antique woven baskets
- Vintage hats, scarfs, clothes, Beaver fur jacket & other jackets, shoes, accessories and much more!
- 1756, 1823, 1888, 1800, 1902, 1923 Bibles & diaries
- Tons of books and there are two full book cases of nothing but first editions!
- All the cupboards in the kitchen are FULL of vintage kitchen items!!!
- Lots of vintage Christmas
- SO MUCH IN THIS HOUSE YOU JUST HAVE TO COME CHECK IT ALL OUT!!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
NEW RULE: We are having a problem with people gathering items for purchase, putting them on our sold tables, shopping the rest of the house (sometimes for hours) then changing their mind upon checkout. This behavior has lost us sales. Because we work for the family we will be enforcing the sold table from here forward. DO NOT PUT ITEMS ON THE SOLD TABLE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO PURCHASE THEM. IF YOU PUT THEM ON THE SOLD TABLE WE WILL COUNT THEM AS SOLD AND TREAT THEM AS SUCH! Please, take extra time to decide while the item is in place before bringing it to the checkout. We would like to thank you all in advance for your cooperation and understanding of this matter.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Please take extra time to carefully inspect your items before you purchase. Once you have paid and left we cannot make any refunds or exchanges.
We accept cash, credit cards (minimum 100.00 no American Express) There will be a 3% convenience fee added to all credit card transactions. Debit cards (minimum 50.00 no convenience fee added) and local checks. There will be a bank fee for any returned checks. The fee is based on the current bank fee we are charged for any bounced check.
Please note that this estate starts at 8am . We will hand out numbers at 7AM for people arriving before 8. People choosing to show up extremely early or camping out are responsible for keeping track of who showed up first. There will be a list that you will need to put your name on once you arrive. YOU CANNOT COME, PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST AND GO HOME. IF YOU LEAVE IN THE NIGHT YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST. We will not be staying up all night to keep order of the lineup. The list will be honored only for the people who stayed all night. So, when you arrive be sure to find the person with the list and get your name on it. We have had some complaints of the process of numbers. The best I can explain is this: When Best Buy has a sale on Black Friday there is always a line wrapping around the building. Although their doors don’t open until a certain time people choose to camp out and wait until they do. It is the same principle here. If people choose to rough it all night so they can be first in line that is indeed their choice. Our numbers are given out at 7am. We do not allow people to come, put your name on the list, leave and come back at a few minutes to 7am. Once you get our permanent number at 7am however, you can leave and come back to line up a few minutes before 8. The numbers are used to to keep everyone in order of entry. Sometimes we have to limit the amount of people we let in the home depending on how big or how crowded the house is. So, please understand if we only let 20-40 people in at a time. We are not responsible for lost numbers and you will have to go to the end of line if you lose your number.
Estate Start Time:
We do not allow early sales and start promptly at 8am.
Always park on the side of the road the estate home is on only. Do not park on both sides please. We cooperate with local law enforcement. Please park according to city ordinances and do not park on people’s lawns or in the neighbor’s driveways. Also, do not double-park anyone in, or block mailboxes, or streets.
Shopping Bags & Containers:
All bags and containers are subject to inspection. You can bring your own canvas bags and boxes for shopping, however, we reserve the right to inspect them when you leave.
We try to provide the service of wrapping glass for you, however, if we are in a shopping rush, you may have to wrap your own glass.
We can not hold items for you prior to the sale that you see in our gallery online. We line people up according to their numbers. If you see something in the gallery you want to buy, we suggest you arrive early to get a good number.Also, if you have to leave during the sale to get money or for any reason, we can not set aside items for you to buy when you return.
Large and Heavy Items:
Please bring help to load your purchases. All purchases need to be removed by close of sale Sunday at 3pm.
Most of our estate sales contain areas and content not suitable for children. Our sales can be crowded and contain a lot of glass items and stair cases. Children are welcomed, but you are responsible for any damages. We can not allow strollers or buggies inside because they block the flow of traffic through the homes.
Please do not bring pets to the sale unless they are required for special needs.